Motivators
I began shadow boxing and working out more often after getting into the boxing anime "Hajime no Ippo". I finally understood what people meant when they said that shows like Dragon Ball Z inspired them to start working out(Even though it never really did for me, since the powers in DBZ were too fantastical for me).
If you've spent any time in the self-help circle, you may have heard that discipline is more reliable than motivation. Motivation comes and goes, while discipline is a constant. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't use motivation when you can.
Input leads to output, and I'm sure it remains true for motivation. We're always driven to do things because of different factors, and we can strategically use them to do what we want or need. If you want to start working out, then bask yourself in a bunch of fitness content. Queue up workout videos on Youtube, or read an article about health. If you want to learn coding, join a coding community online or read a book for beginners. Of course, you actually have to do the activity, but getting yourself excited for is going to make it easier.
As a kid, I had a small interest in drawing. But it was something I only dabbled in and never improved at quickly. When I was older, I stumbled upon Proko, a channel for artists. From there I was brought into a world of materials, from an artist podcast to a collection of different websites dedicated to teaching different fundamentals of art. I also joined a community with a number of artists peers, who were able to encourage me and make drawing much more fun. In a period of two years, I was able to improve more than I was able to by simply dabbling for four.
We're always consuming content, anyway, so being a little intentional about what kind of content you want to consume will work wonders for the things that you want to do in life.
Comments
Post a Comment