Solitude
For the last month or so, I've been having pockets of 'alone-time', which is basically synonymous with 'time off' from school, considering I barely hang out with people.
There's this certain calm feeling I get whenever I go outside on my own, when my side of the internet has gone quiet. It's just me and my own thoughts, or me and whatever my mind is occupied with at the moment. I guess that gives me a reminder about the certain love I have for books, even if I rarely come across it due to my habit of muffling my brain with video games or frying my brain on social media.
Sometimes, I really want to be with people, if only just for a moment. On a bad day, I'll probably bounce around my social media, waiting for someone to become active in a terrible cycle. But sometimes, I'm just content reading a book, or exploring wherever it is that I've decided to stroll through.
I really really love books. Or just the immersion in some good media in general. I might even have named this entry "Books" instead, but I wanted to focus more on the feeling. That experience in a book, in a movie or a show you hold dear. In a song or anything else, those moments are quite special, and very your own. Sure, you can discuss it with friends but there's nothing like that world you've thrust yourself into when you were experiencing it the first time.
Being social creatures, having to interact with other people is necessary for our mental health. However, solitude doesn't necessarily equal loneliness. If you're single, might as well enjoy that freedom to the fullest. Take yourself out on a date, even. Maintaining good care of yourself physically and mentally can be quite enjoyable, and leads you halfway on the path to a life well lived.
Comments
Post a Comment