Tea
Taking neither side of something either means you get to watch people duke it out from the sidelines, or get beaten up on two fronts. Unfortunately, I am on neither side of controversial topics such as red vs blue, cats or dogs, and pineapple on pizza. Hell, I drink both coffee and tea. Maybe I'll write something about coffee later.
I like tea. I use it as a ritual to get myself ready for focused work. The kettle time is preparation time, and once the tea is done it's all systems go. The tea remains untouched for the first five minutes, or a portion of my tongue will feel like sandpaper for the rest of the day. Sometimes, my tea ritual backfires on me as the tea ends up getting cold before the cup is finished. I find myself having to urinate more frequently, which means I'm not exactly writing like I'm running out of time. Or maybe I am.
Green tea or black tea, I'm not really picky with which kind it is unless it leaves my teeth all puckered up. It's not really the tea per se, though having something nice and warm to drink does help a lot.
Rituals do that, you know? Your brain just knows that once you're doing this sequence of actions and experiencing certain stimuli, then it's time to be doing something(Thanks, Pavlov.).
Anyways, I'm not sure I'm going anywhere with this, but tea's nice. Maybe I'll try some tea that I haven't had before.
Comments
Post a Comment