Time

September 2022 to the end of December 2022 were the longest three months I've had in years. It was the beginning of the final year of secondary school, where we'd begin the final rush to prepare for college exams. Pretty much every day was packed with afterschool practice paper sessions(And some of them during school too). 

Add that to the fact that Hong Kong's summer holiday was essentially moved to that year's March, meaning there was barely any time off during August, and full-day classes had recently resumed, and by the time October rolled around I felt as if I had been going to school for years. I've had conversations with a few friends, some from other schools and some I knew purely online, and I was surprised to hear that time had actually been passing pretty fast for them. Maybe that Einstein guy was onto something.

Not to mention that different time spans feel disconnected, too. A week full of short days could feel like two, or a month of long days ends up feeling like a paper castle once you've actually gotten through it. Ain't that weird?

Now that study break has rolled around, I feel like my time is more in my hands. I haven't seen this much free time in months, but the usual rules apply. It's almost the opposite of a traditional school week. If you wake up late, blast a few hours scrolling on your phone, and then go back to sleep, time might go faster but you might feel like a husk. If you maintain your sleep schedule, and pack your day with things that really matter, the hours shorten but the day extends, and you'll go to sleep feeling fulfilled.

Honestly, some days where I'm doing terrible can make me feel like a cave gremlin who hasn't seen the light in years, so I guess that's a way to make my week longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivators

Sleep and Waking Up

Block