Writing

Writing. Sometimes it's something I forget that's a privilege, like many other things in the first world. The ability to record facts and thoughts somewhere also helps your brain to help organize them. And while there's no shortage of wonders you could go on and on about writing (It did help progress civilisation, after all), I think writing is more valuable on a personal level than you'd think.

There's a reason people call journaling a life changing habit.You get to reflect on your own life in a way that's more clear than in your head, which is prone to thought loops and brain fog. Eventually you'll come up with insights about yourself and your life that you otherwise may not have known about.

Writing helps you articulate your own knowledge and thoughts about things. It's a bit related to the Feynman technique. It helps you identify just how much you know something, and also turns that vague notion in your head into a clear text. 

I started this blog because I wanted to practice writing. Not just because I wanted to get better at writing per se, but just so I could articulate things I've learned before, and other things that I have opinions on that I've been thinking about. The accountability has helped, trying to maintain this blog daily. I've been doing journaling for a while, though it's sort of an on and off thing with that, and it's obviously more personal.

And also, writing is fun. Maybe you don't like writing for school, but of your own accord you can write about pretty much anything. Even if nobody else sees it, there's something about seeing those vague little thought clouds turn into sentences, and then paragraphs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivators

Sleep and Waking Up

Block