All the Time in the World

 I've forgotten about this feeling. It really is something else. There can be qualms about sleep schedules, but I'm reminded of how good it feels to wake up early. Not the immediate five minutes of grogginess, obviously, but after that. 

I woke up at 6am today, idling about for a good 15 minutes before I managed to go out for a run. After coming home and completing the rest of my morning routine, I came out of my meditation and looked at the clock. Only fifteen past seven. I was in no rush, so I decided to read a little before "starting my day". Maybe an hour and a half or so passed as I immersed myself in Robin Hobb's "Royal Assassin", a bit more than I intended, but I felt no guilt at all whatsoever. After a shower and breakfast, I am now glad to tell you it is now 9:26am as I am typing this.

Mixing an early morning with a "Dopamine Fast" has been doing wonders for me.Not only does my mind feel "clean", but also I feel like I get to take my time with anything I want to. This is freedom. The online course "The Science of Well-Being" lists time affluence as one of the factors that leads to happiness. On a smaller scale of this, I understand why that is. I'm not in a rush, and I'm managing to still get things done. I wish I could do this more often, but sleep is an elusive thing, and maybe grogginess may take me next time I try. Though, I am trying my best to establish this waking time out of necessity, so I'll see how it goes.

I know there's some contention with waking up early, but I suppose this is the biggest benefit of it. There is guilt in spending night hours, but none in sunrise. I sleep late, but tend to not be able to use the later hours of the day to do anything productive anyway, since something in my brain tells me "It's time to clock out for today" after I have dinner.

Is it worth it for you? Maybe try and see for yourself. You don't have to wake up early to be productive, but I think that feeling of having all the time you'd ever need is pretty great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivators

Sleep and Waking Up

Block