Weakest Link
I've been in a bit of a plateau lately. While not in a complete rut for most days, I've been putting off studying and most things that I've set out to do. I'm still fighting the bad habit of cycling intensely at night for god knows what reason, waiting for something to happen(Though I don't know what). Hell, I've even stopped writing for a good two weeks or so. When you're going downwards, you don't see much of a point in doing the things you were doing when you were on a roll.
Most importantly, though, was that I was having trouble studying. I've always had motivation issues regarding school, seeing it as pointless and such. And even though the current me has a slightly more positive view on it, I still can't seem to muster up the will to just do what I needed to do, even though one of the most important exams of my life was approaching.
Maybe it was paralysis. Maybe it was the lack of discipline. But one day I decided to just text one of my classmates, asking if he wanted to go out for a study meeting. I realised that I hadn't done that in ages.Let me tell you, that session was more productive than all my attempts of the last few weeks combined. It's strange how I didn't "really feel like it". I guess we're just really bad at predicting how we'll feel once we're actually outside.
My weakest link was the lack of structure. I wouldn't say it brought me back up to my "zone", so to speak, but it certainly is something to work around. And considering I'm writing again, I'd say that was pretty good. For some reason, I hadn't quite thought of implementing more of it into my day, despite the complete lack of it turning my days into desperate attempts at productivity.
When we're on a low, we tend to be blind to the weakest link. Fix that, and you'll be back on track.
Comments
Post a Comment