Counterbalance
As usual, time is flying by on a weekly basis while the days drag out. It's been weeks since my last entry, despite my hope that I'd be writing regularly. Instead, I've been studying for my exams, drawing, and taking up boxing classes.
When I started the blog at the beginning of March, my daily routine was a lot different. Writing was one of the main goals of each day, as well as spending time into learning how to code. My exercise goals were more bodyweight workout focused, with pushups and squats being my main bar, while now I focus on running certain distances so I can improve my stamina to be better at boxing. Nowadays I certainly study and read a lot more, though I do think it would be better if I wrote as much as I did in March.
When we focus on one thing, we're saying no to other things. It must be a way of life that we sway from one side of life to another at times. Sometimes on a daily scale, sometimes on a monthly scale. Days gone by, the feeling that we've neglected one face takes over, and our priorities change. Counterbalance.
I wonder if people are able to live a life of balance, never having to switch to maintain so many facets. Unfathomable, maybe possible. I haven't seen it, at least.
Hopefully I'll be able to stick to this, now. I feel like I'm returning to something that I've been missing for a while. The feeling of putting words on a page, playing around with them as they come out of my head to create a tangible voice. Back in another sort of world. Drafts of all sorts lay on my desktop still. I'm not sure if I have the heart to finish them, but we're bad at judging ourselves, after all. I will give it a shot.
Comments
Post a Comment